August 18, 2023
The Miette Road has been closed since June 19, 2023, after sustaining significant damage due to a mudslide, hundreds of downed trees, and significant washout of a portion of the road. The Miette Road and Miette Hot Springs are closed and an area closure order is in place for public safety. The washed-out slope has been deemed stable by geotechnical engineers however some rerouting is required for traffic to pass safely.
Parks Canada is currently mobilizing a contractor to complete the work required for safe single-lane alternating traffic use and is anticipating reopening Miette Road by the end of August. Once the road is reopened, Parks Canada anticipates reopening the Miette Hot Springs prior to the September long weekend. Opening dates and hours are yet to be determined and an update will be shared before the end of August.
*This is a proposed timeline and is subject to change as construction progresses*
“Safety is the top priority for Parks Canada. We recognize this situation continues to impact visitors’ travel plans and is difficult for businesses and their staff. Parks Canada is working diligently to provide safe and secure short-term access on Miette Road and are parallelly working on the long-term rerouting of Miette Road to provide full capacity access to the area.”
– Mitchell Heighway, Asset Manager, Jasper National Park
Season passholder information
Due to the exceptional circumstances of the extended closure, we are offering the following options to 2023 Miette season passholders:
- Miette Hot Springs season passholders may use their passes for the remainder of the season. A prorated refund will be issued at the end of season (after October 9th, 2023) for users that were unable to use their pass eight (8) or more times. A season pass is the most cost-effective way to use the pools on a regular basis.
- Miette season passholders with less than two (2) uses on their pass, who do not intend to use the pass for the remainder of the season may cancel their 2023 pass and receive a 2024 pass on their first visit next season. *This option is not available to passholders who have already received a refund for their 2023 Miette season pass.
- Patrons who do not plan to use their pass again this season may request a prorated refund (minus the value of any uses to date) at any time.
To request a refund, pass deferral, or for more information, email: email@example.com
For refund or pass deferral requests, please provide:
- the name(s) associated with the pass
- date of purchase
- phone number
Staff will contact you via phone after receiving your information. Refunds can take 7-10 business days to show in account after the processing date.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Miette Hot Springs when we are able to safely do so.